Technologies for a sustainable future
We develop innovative sensing and automation technologies for biological and food systems, contributing to providing safe and quality food in an efficient and sustainable way to feed the 9 billion people expected to inhabit our planet by the middle of this century. We strive to be among the most successful and respected in our area of endeavor. Currently, we are investigating in two exciting areas: plant phenotyping and agricultural robotics.
- 2017 ASABE Robotics Competition recruitment is ongoing! Apply here.
- Our lab receives a major research grant from the National Robotics Initiative. Read more
- Yu‘s paper “High-throughput Phenotyping of Cotton Plant Height using Depth Images under Field Conditions” was accepted by the Journal of Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. Congratulation! NEW
- Dr. Changying Li was awarded the New Holland Young Researcher Award in ASABE 2016 International meeting. Congratulations! (July, 2016) Read more
- The BIRD sensor from our lab was highlighted in the ASABE Resource magazine. (July, 2016) Read the article
- Aaron Patrick presented his work in Engineering Poster Showcase!
- Congratulations to Rui Xu on his IIRG Award from Graduate School!
- Congratulations to Dr. Changying Li (Lab Director) on his promotion to Full Professor!
- BIRD sensor was selected as top four promising technologies by UGA Innovation Gateway. (March, 2015)
- Congratulations to Rui Xu for winning the second position in 2015 Boyd-Scott Graduation Research Award Competition (the M.S. category) of the ASABE, cheers! (July 24, 2015) Read more
- Welcome Dr. Gary McMurray and his group from the Food Processing Technology Division at the Georgia Tech Research Institute for visiting us. (Mar 11th, 2015)
- Welcome Dr. John Rogers from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for visiting us (Feb, 2015)! Read more
- The “Agricultural Sensing and Robotics Initiative” led by Dr. Li was selected as one of the three signature research initiatives in the College of Engineering. Congratulations! (April, 2014)
- Our lab won a grant from UGA Faculty of Robotics’ Core Research Grant Program. Congratulations! (April, 2014)