Technologies for a sustainable future
We develop innovative sensing and automation technologies for biological and food systems, contributing to providing safe and quality food in an efficient and sustainable way to feed the 9 billion people expected to inhabit our planet by the middle of this century. We strive to be among the most successful and respected in our area of endeavor. Currently, we are investigating in two exciting areas: plant phenotyping and agricultural robotics.
- Rui‘s paper “Multispectral imaging and unmanned aerial systems for cotton plant phenotyping” was accepted by the journal of PLOS One. Congratulations! NEW
- Welcome Piyush and Tsunghan to join our lab! NEW
- Yu, Rui, and Shangpeng took second place in the 2018 American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Robotics Student Design Competition. Congratulations! Read more NEW
- Yu got Summer Research Travel Grants from the graduate school of UGA. Congratulations!
- Mengyun got the Superior Paper Award from ASABE. Congratulations!
- Three of our phenotyping papers were published by Frontiers in Plant Science. Congratulations!
- Our ongoing agriculture robot project is highlighted in the 2017 UGA President’s Annual Report under “solving the grand challenges of our time”. Congratulations!
- Mengyun‘s paper “Detection of internally bruised blueberries using hyperspectral transmittance imaging” was accepted by the journal of Transactions of ASABE. Congratulations!
- Jesse‘s paper “Blueberry bruise detection by pulsed thermographic imaging. Postharvest Biology and Technology” was accepted by the journal of Postharvest Biology and Technology. Congratulations!
- Shuxiang‘s paper ”Detection of blueberry internal bruising over time using NIR hyperspectral reflectance imaging with optimum wavelengths” was accepted by the journal of Postharvest Biology and Technology.
- Dr. Changying Li was awarded the Rain Bird Engineering Concept of the Year: “Second Generation Berry Impact Recording Device (BIRD II) ” from ASABE 2017. Congratulations!
- Yu‘s paper ” GPhenoVision: A Ground Mobile System with Multi-modal Imaging for Field-based High Throughput Phenotyping of Cotton“ was chosen for an ITSC Technical Community Meeting Paper Award from the ASABE Annual International Meeting 2017. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Yu on his award of the Innovative Interdisciplinary Research Grant (IIRG) 2017.
- Congratulations to Dr. Changying Li on his award of the Presidential Interdisciplinary Seed Grant: Using robotic systems to accelerate the application of genome information in the improvement of food crops.
- Mengyun‘s paper “Classification of Foreign Matter Embedded inside Cotton Lint using Short Wave Infrared (SWIR) Hyperspectral Transmittance Imaging” was accepted by the journal of Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. Congratulations!
- Shangpeng‘s paper “In-Field High-Throughput Phenotyping of Cotton Plant Height Using LiDAR was accepted by the journal of Remote Sensing. Congratulations!
- Jesse‘s paper “A Pulsed Thermographic Imaging System for Detection and Identification of Cotton Foreign Matter” was accepted by the journal of Sensors. Congratulations!
- Aaron‘s paper ” High Throughput Phenotyping of Tomato Spot Wilt Disease in Peanuts Using Unmanned Aerial Systems and Multispectral Imaging” was accepted by the journal of IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine. Congratulations!